Other Ingredients: Natural Vegetable Capsules, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, and Silicon Dioxide
Formulated to be free of allergens derived from: Gluten, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
Serving Size: 4 capsules Servings per container: 30
Suggested Use: 2-4 capsules per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product.
Keep container tightly closed. Store at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children.
Acetyl L-carnitine (ALC) is an amino acid that is associated with increased energy production. It has been shown to increase the flow of free fatty acids, the fuel source for mitochondria,resulting in a significant boost in energy production. As we age, free radical production increases oxidative damage to the mitochondria, which can potentially decrease energy production. ALC has been shown to increase cellular energy (ATP) production and has been found, in combination with lipoic acid, to lower oxidative stress. Studies have also shown that ALC supports the immune response by protecting CD4 and CD8 immune cells and by supporting the reproduction of lymphocytes for the identification and elimination of invading antigens.
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is an antioxidant that scavenges free radicals and promotes liver detoxification. NAC has been shown to increase production of glutathione, an important antioxidant found in the body. In addition to its antioxidant activity, glutathione boosts the immune system by activating T-cells, helping to maintain immune balance.
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a potent antioxidant and also plays a synergistic role in recharging other antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, CoQ10 and glutathione. Lipoic acid also plays a key role in detoxification. Studies have shown that a combination of ALA and acetyl L-carnitine helps minimize oxidative damage. Oxidative stress causes damage to DNA, RNA, proteins, mitochondrial membranes, and lipids and contributes to the functional decline of mitochondria, cells,tissues, and eventually organs such as the brain.
Resveratrol is a polyphenol molecule found in many plant species including grapes and cranberries and is found in high concentrations in wine. Polyphenols act as antioxidants that protect plants from damage that can be caused by bacteria, fungi, and radiation. Resveratrol is believed to be the dietary factor behind the “French Paradox” which is the high rate of cardiovascular wellness in the French population, despite their high fat intake. In addition to its antioxidant properties and support for cardiovascular function, resveratrol has been shown to support optimal immune function.
SGS™ Broccoli Seed Extract
Broccoli seed extract contains a high amount of glucoraphanin, a compound that is a precursorto sulphoraphane. Sulphoraphane is a potent antioxidant in the body and also supports detoxification and immune response. Sulphoraphane has been shown to induce Phase II detoxification enzymes and raise intracellular glutathione levels.
Green Tea (EGCG)
Green tea polyphenols have demonstrated significant antioxidant, probiotic and immune supporting properties. The hydroxyl group of green tea polyphenols supports antioxidant activity by forming complexes with free radicals and neutralizing them, minimizing oxidative damage throughout the body. Green tea polyphenols also stimulate the activity of liver detoxification enzymes, promoting the detoxification of harmful chemicals out of the body.
To increase cellular energy production efficiently, optimal levels of critical nutrients and enzyme cofactors must be achieved. MitoCORE® is a multivitamin with an optimized backbone of vitamins and minerals necessary for increasing energy output and meeting daily nutritional needs.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
1. Kaiser JD, Campa AM, Ondercin JP, Leoung GS, Pless RF, Baum MK. Micronutrient supplementation increases CD4 count in HIV-infected individuals on highly active antiretroviral therapy: a prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2006; 42(5): 523-528.
2. Shigenaga M K, Hagen T M,et al. Oxidative damage and mitochondrial decay in aging. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994; 91(23):10771-10778.
3. Hagen, TM, Liu J, et al. Feeding acetyl-L-carnitine and lipoic acid to old rats significantly improves metabolic function while decreasing oxidative stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002; 99(4):1870-1875.
4. Di Marzio L, Moretti S, et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine administration increases insulin-like growth factor 1 levels in asymptomatic HIV-1-infected subjects: correlation with its suppressive effect on lymphocyte apoptosis and ceramide generation. Clin Immunol 1999; 92(1):103-110.
5. Deufel, T. Determination of L-carnitine in biological fluids and tissues. J Clin Chem Clin Biochem 1990; 28(5):307-311.
6. N-Acetylcysteine. Altern Med Rev 2000; 5(5):467-471.
7. Patrick, L. Nutrients and HIV: part three - N-acetylcysteine, alpha-lipoic acid, L-glutamine, and L-carnitine. Altern Med Rev 2000; 5(4):290-305.
8. Alpha-lipoic acid. Monograph. Altern Med Rev 2006; 11(3):232-237.
9. Ames, B. N. Optimal micronutrients delay mitochondrial decay and age-associated diseases. Mech Ageing Dev 2010; 131(7-8):473-479.
10. Ames, B. N. and Liu, J. Delaying the mitochondrial decay of aging with acetylcarnitine. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2004; 1033:108-116.
11. Resveratrol: Monograph. Altern Med Review 2010; 15(12):152-158.
12. Fahey JW, Talalay P. Antioxidant functions of sulphoraphane: a potent inducer of phase II detoxification enzymes. Food Chem Tox 1999:37:973-979. 13. Green Tea. Altern Med Review 2000; 5(4):372-5