Alpha Base is a comprehensive, hypo-allergenic, multivitamin and mineral blend. As a complete multivitamin, Alpha Base provides high-quality nutrients to build a healthy micronutrient reserve including USP* B vitamins to support energy production; Albion® TRAACS® chelated mineral complexes for enhanced bioavailability; an optimal mineral ratio of 2:1 magnesium to calcium to ensure proper mineral balance; and key antioxidants vitamins C, natural vitamin E mixed tocopherols and carotenoids to protect cells from free radical damage.
Using the best vitamin and mineral ingredients available, and formulated using the highest standards into an efficacious super supplement, Ortho Molecular’s Alpha Base multivitamin surpasses all others in providing a safe, effective program for life-long nutritional support.
The Alpha Base Difference:
- Excellent mineral sources and a 2:1 magnesium to calcium ratio.
- USP/NF ingredients wherever available.
- Fully reacted minerals have a higher assimilation rate than others.
- High levels of antioxidants, reducing free radical damage.
- Formulated as the base regimen for all other Ortho Molecular products, ensuring that, when taken properly, patients will be assured of non-conflicting dosages.
Serving Size:4 capsules
Servings per Container:60
- Vitamin A(from 7,500 IU as Natural Beta Carotene, Palmitate)
- Vitamin C(as Calcium Ascorbate USP, Ascorbic Acid USP)
- Vitamin D (D3 as Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (from 100 IU as d-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate USP)
- Vitamin K (K1 as Phytonadione)
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1) (from Thiamine Hydrochloride USP)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2 USP)
- Niacin (as Niacin USP, Niacinamide USP)
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride USP)
- Folate (from 400 mcg as Quatrefolic®(6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid glucosamine salt)
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)
- Pantothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate USP)
- Calcium (as DimaCal™ Dicalcium Malate,Calcium Ascorbate USP, d-Calcium Pantothenate USP)
- Iodine (from Kelp)
- Magnesium (as DiMagnesium Malate, TRAACS™ Magnesium Lysinate Glycinate Chelate)
- Zinc (as TRAACS™ Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)
- Selenium (as Selenium Glycinate Complex)
- Copper (as TRAACS™ Copper Bisglycinate Chelate)
- Manganese(as TRAACS™ Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)
- Chromium (as O-polynicotinate)‡
- Molybdenum(as TRAACS™ Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)
- Potassium (as Potassium Citrate USP)
- Inositol NF
- Mixed Tocopherols
- Boron (as Bororganic Glycine)
- Vanadyl Sulfate Hydrate
- Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-7 (MK-7)) (MenaQ7®PRO)
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (Natural Vegetable Capsules), Stearic Acid, and Magnesium Stearate.
Formulated to be free of allergens derived from: Gluten, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
Suggested Use: 4 capsules per day with food or as recommended by your health care professional.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product.
Keep container tightly closed. Store at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children.
WARNING: All forms of Vitamin K may interact with blood thinning medications. If you are taking such medicines, please consult with your physician before taking this product.
The importance of bioavailability is obvious. If consuming a multivitamin has little effect on improving the body’s nutrient balance, there is no reason to ingest it. Inferior multivitamin supplements often contain synthetic vitamin E in a dl-tocopherol form. Alpha Base® contains natural d-alpha tocopherol, as well as mixed tocopherols, to enhance vitamin E availability and its free radical scavenging potential.
Another sign of an inferior multivitamin is the use of cheap, poorly-absorbed, rock-salt minerals like calcium carbonate and magnesium oxide. These mineral forms have slow and limited absorption relying on adequate stomach acid to promote passive diffusion into the body. What’s more, because they remain in the intestines longer, these forms can cause intestinal distress such as constipation (calcium carbonate) or diarrhea (magnesium oxide).
Alpha Base® provides a full spectrum of highly absorbed, Albion® mineral chelates. Albion® is the world leader in manufacturing highly bioavailable mineral chelates, a specialized form of minerals bound to amino acids. This patented process creates natural mineral compounds which use active absorption mechanisms in the gastrointestinal tract to significantly enhance mineral absorption. Comparison studies show significantly superior absorption of mineral chelates over other forms of minerals.In a magnesium comparison study reported by Graff et al. at Weber State University, Albion’s® magnesium amino acid chelate had
- 8 times greater absorption than magnesium oxide
- 6 times greater absorption than magnesium sulfate
- 3 times greater absorption than magnesium carbonate
In addition, mineral chelates are gentle, gut-friendly minerals that do not cause the constipation that often accompanies calcium carbonate and other mineral forms. Albion’s® mineral chelates have extensive clinical research proving their superior bioavailability, biologic activity, stability and tolerance.
Metabolism & Energy Production
Converting food into cellular energy is a nutrient-intensive process. Alpha Base® provides substantial levels of B vitamins, which are prime coenzymes for the Kreb’s cycle, the biochemical pathway responsible for maintaining energy production in the form of ATP (adenosine triphosphate). Alpha Base® exclusively uses high-quality, USP-grade B vitamins ideal for those looking to boost their energy levels and support stressful lifestyles.
Broad Spectrum Antioxidant Support
The body is constantly exposed to free radicals and relies heavily on its antioxidant reserve for protection. Free radicals are generated by metabolic by-products and environmental exposure such as UV rays from the sun, air pollution and radiation. Alpha Base® contains a balanced spectrum of antioxidant vitamins such as vitamin C, mixed carotenoids, trace elements and nutrients that up-regulate antioxidant-supporting pathways in the body. They work synergistically to regenerate each other and maintain adequate levels of protective antioxidants throughout the body.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.