NutriKey Bifido Powder provides 15 billion live organisms per serving. This pure strain of Bifidobacterium lactis helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora and has broad intestinal, digestive, and immune system support functions.
Serving Size: 1.5 g (1/2 tsp.) Servings per Container: 50
Ingredients: Bifidobacterium lactis UABla-12 (15 billion CFU at time of manufacturer)
All NutriKey brand supplements are Pharmaceutical Grade and produced in Certified GMP (cGMP) facilities. All NutriKey brand supplements meet or exceed cGMP standards and are third party tested.
Directions: Adults mix 1/2 teaspoon with 4-8 ounces of room temperature water one to two times daily.
Note: If you are a new probiotic user we recommend to start slow and build up to the full dose. Jump down to the Learn More section for more info.
Storage: For maximum stability and viability, keep this product refrigerated. Product is filled by weight and not volume. Contents will settle during shipping.
Why should I start slow when taking a probiotic?
Killing off harmful bacteria in your gut is one of the benefits of probiotics. You may not feel well when you first start taking probiotics because, as it dies, the harmful bacteria will release toxins in your body. This is known as a "die off reaction" or Herxheimer Reaction. Common symptoms of die off are diarrhea, bloating, and headache. As your body is working to flush out the dead bacteria and toxins, it can feel as if your symptoms are temporarily getting worse, which can be alarming, but it does get better! Symptoms go away as the toxins are flushed out and as you build up your healthy gut bacteria. We recommend starting slow when first taking probiotics to minimize die off symptoms.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
1. Karina Pokusaeva, Gerald F. Fitzgerald,Douwe van Sinderen (2011). Carbohydrate metabolism in Bifidobacteria. Genes Nutr.; 6(3): 285–306.
2. Guyonnet, D., Schlumberger, A., Mhamdi, L., Jakob, S., & Chassany, O. (2009). Fermented milk containing Bifidobacterium lactis DN-173 010 improves gastrointestinal well-being and digestive symptoms in women reporting minor digestive symptoms: a randomised, double-blind, parallel, controlled study. British journal of nutrition, 102(11), 1654-1662.
3. Gill, H. S., Rutherfurd, K. J., Cross, M. L., & Gopal, P. K. (2001). Enhancement of immunity in the elderly by dietary supplementation with the probiotic Bifidobacterium lactis HN019. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 74(6), 833-839.
4. Gopal, P. K., Sullivan, P. A., & Smart, J. B. (2001). Utilisation of galacto-oligosaccharides as selective substrates for growth by lactic acid bacteria including Bifidobacterium lactis DR10 and Lactobacillus rhamnosus DR20. International Dairy Journal, 11(1), 19-25.
5. Verbeke, K. A., Boobis, A. R., Chiodini, A., Edwards, C. A., Franck, A., Kleerebezem, M., ... & Tuohy, K. M. (2015). Towards microbial fermentation metabolites as markers for health benefits of prebiotics. Nutrition research reviews, 28(01), 42-66.
6. Hyronimus, B., Le Marrec, C., Sassi, A. H., & Deschamps, A. (2000). Acid and bile tolerance of spore-forming lactic acid bacteria. International journal of food microbiology, 61(2), 193-197.
7. Tabbers, M. M., Chmielewska, A., Roseboom, M. G., Crastes, N., Perrin, C., Reitsma, J. B., ... & Benninga, M. A. (2011). Fermented milk containing Bifidobacterium lactis DN-173 010 in childhood constipation: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial. Pediatrics, 127(6),e1392-e1399.
8. Ejtahed, H. S., Mohtadi-Nia, J., Homayouni-Rad, A., Niafar, M., Asghari-Jafarabadi, M., Mofid, V., & Akbarian-Moghari, A. (2011). Effect of probiotic yogurt containing Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis on lipid profile in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Journal of dairy science, 94(7), 3288-3294.
9. Lindfors, K., Blomqvist, T., Juuti-Uusitalo, K., Stenman, S., Venäläinen, J., Mäki, M., & Kaukinen, K. (2008). Live probiotic Bifidobacterium lactis bacteria inhibit the toxic effects induced by wheat gliadin in epithelial cell culture. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 152(3), 552-558.
My whole family has been using this fir years . Now my little grand daughter is on it . If I could use only 1 vitamin/ mineral it would always be this . Hands down.
I have been using this product for many years. It is the best.
I'm actually having more bowel movements. To get rid of excess gas and fecal matter.
I have only been on this for 3.5 weeks, but I feel like it is working and helping my digestion and other things. Has a tiny aftertaste- ut can be mixed with things to alleviate and the benefits outweigh that he tiny aftertaste.
Helps with gut health!
I've been having gut health problems for roughly a year, due to stress and gluten intolerance. I've just finished my first bottle, and since then I have reintroduced certain dairy products back into my diet. My body has stopped having, random muscle spasms, muscle tightness, and I feel like I have less inflammation in general. My bowel movements have also improved in the process. I am about to buy my second bottle of the powder form shortly.