GlutaShield is designed to promote the health and barrier function of the gastrointestinal (GI) lining. Its unique formula includes nutrients that support the gut mucosal epithelium. The purpose of the epithelium is to allow the digestion and absorption of dietary nutrients while keeping unwanted toxins, microbes and food particles from passing directly into the body.
GlutaShield includes a high-dose of L-glutamine, which serves as nutrition for the gut lining. It provides deglycyrrhized licorice root extract and aloe vera extract, both of which protect and promote the health of the gut mucosa. N-acetyl glucosamine and zinc boost GI integrity.
Supports GI Barrier Health and Integrity
Promotes Inflammatory Balance and Healthy Gut Epithelium
Provides Concentrated Nutrition for GI Cells
Vitamin A (from 2,000 IU as Palmitate)
Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)
Deglycyrrhized Licorice Root Extract
Aloe vera Leaf Gel Extract
Other Ingredients: Natural Flavors, Cocoa processed with alkali, and Rebaudioside A (Organic)
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish (Shrimp and Crab)
Formulated to be free of allergens derived from: Gluten, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
Serving Size: 1 scoop Servings Per Container: 30
Suggested Use: Mix 1 scoop (6.9 grams) of GlutaShield with water or the beverage of your choice, once daily or as recommended by your health care professional.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product.
Keep container tightly closed. Store at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children.
Deglycyrrhized Licorice Root Extract (DGL):DGL is a form of licorice root that has been specially processed to contain only biologically active flavonoids, without glycyrrhizin. This allows for higher dosing of the active ingredient, which helps maintain a healthy mucosal surface.
Aloe Vera Leaf Gel Extract:A demulcent that has been used throughout history, aloe vera has long been known to maintain normal inflammatory balance.
L-Glutamine:L-glutamine is a main source of fuel for the cells of the small intestines and essential to tissue repair throughout the body.
N-Acetyl Glucosamine:N-acetyl glucosamine is the acetylated form of glucosamine. It is a mucin precursor and has been shown to increase the production of mucus within the GI tract.
Zinc:Zinc is an essential mineral widely recognized for its role in gut and immune health. Zinc has been shown to strengthen GI barrier function by supporting the structure of tight junctions.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
1. Turpie, A.G., Runcie, J. et al. Clinical trial of deglydyrrhizinized liquorice in gastric ulcer. Gut. 1969; 10(4):299-302.
2. Kassir, Z. A. Endoscopic controlled trial of four drug regimens in the treatment of chronic duodenal ulceration. Ir Med J. 1985; 78(6):153-156.
3. Morgan, A. G., McAdam, W. A. et al. Comparison between cimetidine and Caved-S in the treatment of gastric ulceration, and subsequent maintenance therapy. Gut. 1982; 23(6):545-551.
4. Blitz, J.J., Smith, J.W. et al. Aloe vera gel in peptic ulcer therapy: preliminary report. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 1963; 62:731-735.
5. Rajendran A, Sobiya G et al. Study on the Effective Supplemenation of Aloe vera Gel Antacid to Peptic Ulcer Patients. Res J Medicine & Med Sci. 2008; 3(2):132-134.
6. Gawron-Gzella, A., Witkowska-Banaszczak, E. et al. [Herbs and herbal preparations applied in the treatment of gastric hyperacidity, gastric and duodenal ulcer in cigarette smokers]. Przegl Lek. 2005; 62(10):1185-1187.
7. Yusuf, S., Agunu, A. et al. The effect of Aloe vera A. Berger (Liliaceae) on gastric acid secretion and acute gastric mucosal injury in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004; 93(1):33-37.
8. Tang ZF, Ling YB, Lin N, et al. Glutamine and recombinant human growth hormone protect intestinal barrier function following portal hypertension surgery. World J Gastroenterol 2007;13: 2223-2228.
9. Miller AL. Therapeutic considerations of l-glutamine: a review of the literature. Altern Med Rev 1999;4:239-248.
After years of stomach issues, a doctor suggested Glutashield. It was a game changer. My quality of life is much better. I use it every day, religiously, and its effectiveness has not decreased in the 7 years I have used it. I like the chocolate flavor, but the effectiveness of all flavors is the same. Cannot say enough good things about this product.
Love the product, really helped me with my gut health. Really like the company as well!
This product has really helped with digestion! Great company my order was delivered within a few days!
Great company! Great product!
Tasty~hope it’s working! 👍🏼
This tastes quite good! A bit sweet for me, but it mixes well and is easily combined with other things.