Ortho Digestzyme is a comprehensive blend of enzymes used to support healthy digestion and maximize nutrient absorption.
Ortho Digestzyme is a full-spectrum enzyme strategically designed to support each phase of digestion. In the gastric phase, betaine HCl and pepsin prime the stomach, ensuring proper pH to initiate the first phase of digestion. This sets up for the second stage of digestion, the enteric phase, in which high-concentration protease, amylase, lipase, and trypsin are released and activated in the small intestine to ensure proper protein breakdown and fat absorption. This unique blend of high-powered enzymes works to enhance digestion and ensure maximum nutrient intake.
Supports Healthy Digestion and Maximizes Nutrient Absorption
Supports Gastric Acid Balance and Digestive Function
Provides Protease-Rich Digestive Enzymes for Improved Protein Breakdown
Formulated to be free of allergens derived from: Gluten, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Servings Per Container:45
Suggested Use: 1-2 capsules before each meal or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
Cautions: If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product. Keep out of reach of children.
Because of our hectic lifestyles, and the way we often consume food that is overcooked, digestion can often be less than optimal. Poor digestion can produce bloating and gas, cramping, diarrhea or constipation, and even food intolerances. Incomplete digestion of food proteins may also be linked to food allergies, and improper digestion of foodstuffs can cause foods to be fermented in the gut, and can lead to the proliferation of “bad” bacteria and yeast at the expense of “good” intestinal bacteria. More complete digestion removes a potential food source for these bad bacteria, allowing for the complete breakdown of food proteins which helps support regular bowel movements. This important enzymatic action originates in four areas: the salivary glands, the stomach, the pancreas and the wall of the small intestine. The unique enzyme blend in Ortho Digestzyme works in harmony to assist each phase of digestion and ensure each food component is effectively broken down for better absorption.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
1. Krasinski SD, Russell RM, Samloff IM, Jacob RA, Dallal GE, McGandy RB, Hartz SC. Effect on hemoglobin and several serum nutritional indicators. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1986 Nov;34(11):800-6. Fundic atrophic gastritis in an elderly population.
2. Grossman MI, Kirsner JB, Gillespie IE. Basal and histalogstimulated gastric secretion in control subjects and in patients with peptic ulcer or gastric cancer. Gastroenterology 1963;45:15-26.
3. Murray, Michael and Pizzorno, Joseph, Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, Prima Publishing, Rocklin, CA, 1991, pp. 43, 50--56.
4. Whitcomb, D.C. and Lowe, M.E. Human pancreatic digestive enzymes. Dig Dis Sci. 2007; 52(1):1-17.
5. Messer, M., Anderson, C.M. and Hubbard, L. Studies on the mechanism of destruction of the toxic action of wheat gluten in coeliac disease by crude papain, Gut, 1964, 5, pp. 295-303.
6. Messer, M. and Baume, P., Oral papain in gluten intolerance. Lancet, 1976, ii, p. 1,022.