A growing body of research shows that when it comes to bone health, ensuring optimal intake of vitamin K is a critical piece of the puzzle. New research is focused on the synergistic relationship between vitamin K (specifically, vitamin K2) and vitamin D3, especially in terms of bone strength and cardiovascular health.
Liquid Vitamin D3 with K2 includes 10 mcg of vitamin K2 (as MK-7) and 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 per serving. The tasteless liquid formula can easily be combined with any beverage.
Supports Healthy Blood Circulation
Promotes Bone Health and Proper Calcium Storage
Supports Cardiovascular Health and Blood Sugar Balance
Does not Contain: Gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
Serving Size: 1 Drop (0.05 mL)
Servings Per Container:About 590
Suggested Use: 1 or more drops per day (can be taken directly on the tongue or mixed with the beverage of your choice) or as recommended by your health care professional.
Warning: Do not consume this product if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult your physician for further information.
Keep container tightly closed. Store at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children.
New research is focusing on the synergistic relationship between vitamin K2 and vitamin D3, for bone and cardiovascular health. A group of naturally occurring and structurally similar, fat-soluble vitamins, vitamin K is essential for the proper utilization of calcium. Through its activation of the protein osteocalcin, vitamin K helps to bind newly absorbed calcium to the mineral matrix in bone. In addition, vitamin K has been found to help maintain bone mineral density by decreasing the activity of osteoclasts, a cell that breaks down the bone matrix. Vitamin K also provides critical cardiovascular protection by helping to activate matrix Gla protein (MGP), an inhibitor of circulatory calcification. Thus, vitamin K and vitamin D not only share similar qualities but they also act synergistically with one another within the body.5 Liquid Vitamin D3 with K2 utilizes a medium chain triglyceride (MCT) delivery system providing 10 mcg of MenaQ7® PRO, the most widely studied form of vitamin K2 as MK-7, and 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 per serving. Natural medium-chain triglycerides have unique physical properties that allow them to be readily absorbed without additional emulsifying agents. MCTs are a great way to deliver pure, tasteless and odorless liquid vitamin K2 and D3 that combine easily with any beverage.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
1. Schurgers LJ, Spronk HM, Soute BA, Schiffers PM, DeMey JG, Vermeer C. Blood. Regression of warfarininduced medial elastocalcinosis by high intake of vitamin K in rats 2007;109(7):2823-31.
2. Weber P. Management of osteoporosis: is there a role for vitamin K? Int J Vitam Nutr Res 1997;67(5):350-6.
3. Geleijnse JM, et al. Dietary intake of menaquinone is associated with a reduced risk of coronary heart disease: the Rotterdam Study. J Nutr 2004;134(11):3100-5.
4. Beulens JW, High dietary menaquinone intake is associated with reduced coronary calcification. Atherosclerosis 2009;203(2):489-93. Epub 2008 Jul 19.
5. Kidd PM. Vitamins D and K as pleiotropic nutrients: clinical importance to the skeletal and cardiovascular systems and preliminary evidence for synergy. Altern Med Rev 2010;15(3):199-222.
6. Plaza SM, Lamson DW. Vitamin K2 in bone metabolism and osteoporosis. Altern Med Rev 2005;10(1):24-35.
7. Schurgers LJ, Teunissen KJ, Hamulyák K, Knapen MH, Vik H, Vermeer C. Vitamin K-containing dietary supplements: comparison of synthetic vitamin K1 and natto-derived menaquinone. Blood 2007;109(8): 3279-83. Epub 2006 Dec 7. -7.
8. Shearer MJ. Vitamin K metabolism and nutriture. Blood Rev 1992;6(2):92-104.
9. Unpublished clinical studies, NattoPharma. On file
11. Kaneki M, Hodges SJ, Hosoi T, Fujiwara S, Lyons A, Crean SJ, Ishida N, Nakagawa M, Takechi M, Sano Y, Mizuno Y, Hoshino S, Miyao M, Inoue S, Horiki K, Shiraki M, Ouchi Y, Orimo H. Japanese fermented soybean food as the major determinant of the large geographic difference in circulating levels of vitamin K2: possible implications for hip-fracture risk. Nutrition 2001; 17(4):315-21.
12. Ushiroyama T, Ikeda A, Ueki M. Effect of continuous combined therapy with vitamin K(2) and vitamin D(3) on bone mineral density and coagulofibrinolysis function in postmenopausal women. Maturitas 2002; 41(3):211-21.
I like the product itself. But, as happened to Dean (note the 9/18/2021 review), the eye dropper assembly is coming apart and detached from the dropper tube. It is getting increasingly hard to use the dropper, and I still have a fair amount of the product left.
rubber cap on bottle is disintegrating
the eye dropper on bottle is disintegrating and has come unattached to bottle cap. this needs improvement.
Most vitamins have a bad flavor but this one is virtually tasteless. If I had to complain about anything it would be that sometimes the dropper slips out of the handle.
Just what our family need to survive these Minnesota winters. Just do a quick drop on the tongue and done. No real flavor so it goes down easily.