Vitamin K2 supplies a significant amount of biologically active vitamin K2 in the form of soy-free menaquinone-7 (MK-7). Vitamin K2 (as MK-7) supports bone and cardiovascular health, and is more bioactive than vitamin K1 and other menaquinones.
Vitamin K was originally discovered as the anti-hemorrhagic factor, but it now encompasses a variety of physiological processes. The major source of vitamin K in most diets is green leafy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, and kale. Vitamin K2 is present in small amounts in fermented foods, milk products, cheese, and meat, and is synthesized by various human gut microbiota. It is well documented that the Western population obtains insufficient vitamin K from their regular diets, possibly related to poor absorption from these foods.
Beyond blood clotting, the role of vitamin K in bone and cardiovascular conditions is related to calcium utilization. Scientific studies have revealed that vitamin K plays a crucial role in building and maintaining bone health. Vitamin K is needed to activate osteocalcin (carboxylated), which functions to take calcium out of the vessels and deposit them into the bones. Therefore, consuming sufficient amounts of dietary calcium is not enough for bone and cardiovascular health; the body needs to distribute and utilize the calcium properly with aid of Vitamin K.
Serving size: 1 vegetarian capsule Servings per Container: 60
Ingredients: Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7)
Other ingredients: Cellulose, vegetable stearate, calcium citrate and silica
This product contains NO yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, milk/dairy, sodium, sugar, starch, artificial coloring, artificial preservatives, artificial flavoring, or genetically modified ingredients (GMOs).
Directions: As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 capsule daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Warning: This product contains vitamin K, which interferes with the prescription drugs Coumadin and Warfarin. Do not take this if taking either of these drugs.
For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
1. Villa JK, Diaz MA, Pizziolo VR, Martino HS.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2016 Jul 20:0.
2. Jie KS, Bots ML, Vermeer C, et al. Atherosclerosis. 1995 Jul;116(1):117-23.
3. Koitaya N, Sekiguchi M, Tousen Y, et al. J Bone Miner Metab. 2014 Mar;32(2):142-50.
4. Shearer MJ, Bach A, Kohlmeier M. J Nutr. 1996 Apr;126(4 Suppl):1181S-6S.
5. Shearer MJ, Newman P. J Lipid Res. 2014 Mar;55(3):345-362.
6. Schurgers LJ, Teunissen KJ, Hamulyák K, et. al. Blood. 2007 Apr 15;109(8):3279-83.
7. Moher M. Integrative Medicine. 4th ed. Elsevier; 2018. Chapter 33, Diabetes Mellitus; 334-346.e3.