Biotic Duo is a probiotic supplement featuring a 50:50 blend of patented Acidophilus (Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®) and Bifido Bacteria (Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07®)—two of the most thoroughly studied probiotic strains.
In fact, there are over 50 human clinical trials on these specific strains, confirming that they are two of the leading probiotic strains in the world. The findings of these studies demonstrate that Acidophilus and Bifido Bacteria may:
Support healthy gut flora balance
Support healthy immune function
Support nutrient absorption
Support digestive function
Serving Size: 1 capsule Servings per container: 60 Pill Size:#1 Veggie Cap
All NutriKey brand supplements are Pharmaceutical Grade and produced in Certified GMP (cGMP) facilities. All NutriKey brand supplements meet or exceed cGMP standards and are third party tested.
† At time of manufacture. †† NCFM® and Bi-07® are registered trademarks licensed by DuPont.
Recommendations: Take one capsule one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Note: If you are a new probiotic user we recommend to start slow and build up to the full dose. Jump down to the Learn More section for more info.
Storage: For maximum stability and viability, keep this product refrigerated.
Caution: If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children.
For fortifying gut and immune function, Biotic Duo provides 60 billion colony-forming units (CFU) per serving of these synergistic probiotic strains (in a 50:50 ratio), which is nearly 10 times the dose of the average probiotic supplement. Read on to learn more about how the probiotics in Biotic Duo work and their evidence-based benefits.
Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®
L acidophilus NCFM®, which stands for the research laboratory it was first discovered at (“North Carolina Food Microbiology” lab), is a patented beneficial lactic acid bacteria strain often used to support lactose intolerance by promoting the digestion of simple sugars and other tough-to-digest nutrients.
This strain has been shown in numerous studies to help relieve gastrointestinal discomfort by supporting a healthy balance of “friendly” intestinal microbiota. Further research suggests that L. acidophilus NCFM® may activate endocannabinoid and μ-opioid receptors in epithelial cells. These receptors work to modulate pain signals in targeted tissues. L. acidophilus NCFM® is also necessary for helping the body synthesize vitamin B9 (folate) and vitamin B12, which are key for healthy nervous system function.
Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07®
B lactis Bi-07® is a bacterial strain that readily resists bile salts and acidic conditions (meaning it is able to withstand the harsh digestive environment of the human gut). Like Lactobacilli, Bifidobacteria aid in the digestion of lactose and are critical for producing B vitamins, which serve a myriad of vital roles in the body.
B lactis Bi-07® is one of the most promising probiotic strains for supporting healthy immune response. A 5-month, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study including 465 healthy adults investigated the effect of a supplement containing B. lactis Bi-07® and L. acidophilus NCFM® on respiratory health. Throughout the trial period, adults receiving the probiotic supplement had a significant reduction in nasal and respiratory symptoms compared to those taking a placebo.
Another study in 37 elderly subjects showed similar results, with the researchers finding beneficial effects of B. lactisBi-07® on immune responses of the participants. Further research shows that B. lactis Bi-07® can help balance healthy gut flora by effectively “outcompeting” unwanted organisms for growth substrates.
Why should I start slow when taking a probiotic?
Killing off harmful bacteria in your gut is one of the benefits of probiotics. You may not feel well when you first start taking probiotics because, as it dies, the harmful bacteria will release toxins in your body. This is known as a "die off reaction" or Herxheimer Reaction. Common symptoms of die off are diarrhea, bloating, and headache. As your body is working to flush out the dead bacteria and toxins, it can feel as if your symptoms are temporarily getting worse, which can be alarming, but it does get better! Symptoms go away as the toxins are flushed out and as you build up your healthy gut bacteria. We recommend starting slow when first taking probiotics to minimize die off symptoms.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
1. Fijan, S. (2014). Microorganisms with claimed probiotic properties: an overview of recent literature. International journal of environmental research and public health, 11(5), 4745-4767.
2. Malcolm W. Hickey, Alan J. Hillier, G. Richard Jago (1986). Transport and Metabolism of Lactose, Glucose, and Galactose in Homofermentative Lactobacilli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 51(4): 825–831.
3. Rousseaux C. et al., (2007), ‘Lactobacillus acidophilus modulates intestinal pain and induces opioid and cannabinoid receptors’. Nature Medicine, 13(1):35-7.
4. Ringel-Kulka T., et al., (2011). ‘Probiotic Bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM and Bifido bacterium lactis Bi-07 Versus Placebo for the Symptoms of Bloating in Patients with Functional Bowel Disorders. A Double-blind Study’. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, 45: 518-525.
5. Sanders M. E, and Klaenhammer, T. R., (2001). ‘Invited Review: The Scientific Basis of Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM Functionality as a Probiotic’. Journal of Dairy Science Vol. 84(2):319-331.
6. Ringel-Kulka T., et al., (2014). ‘Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM affects colonic mucosal opioid receptor expression in patients with functional abdominal pain – a randomised clinical study’. Aliment Pharmacological Therapy., 40(2):200-7. doi: 10.1111/apt.12800
7. Rossi, M., Amaretti, A., & Raimondi, S. (2011). Folate production by probiotic bacteria. Nutrients, 3(1), 118-134.
8. Hyronimus, B., Le Marrec, C., Sassi, A. H., & Deschamps, A. (2000). Acid and bile tolerance of spore-forming lactic acid bacteria. International journal of food microbiology, 61(2), 193-197.
9. Karina Pokusaeva, Gerald F. Fitzgerald,Douwe van Sinderen (2011). Carbohydrate metabolism in Bifidobacteria. Genes Nutr.; 6(3): 285–306.
10. Cox et al., (2014). ‘Effects of probiotic supplementation over 5 months on routine haematology and clinical chemistry measures in healthy active adults’, Eur J Clin Nutr., 68(11):1255-7. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2014.137. Epub 2014 Jul 23.
11. Maneerat S. et al., (2013). ‘Consumption of Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07 by healthy elderly adults enhances phagocytic activity of monocytes and granulocytes’ J Nutr Sci.., 2(2):e44.
12. Engelbrektson, AL, et al (2009) ‘A randomized, double blind, controlled trial of probiotics to minimize the disruption of fecal microbiota in healthy subjects undergoing antibiotic therapy’. Journal of Medical Microbiology, 58:663-670
The Biotic Duo Probiotic is excellent, thanks to the Super Strain DDS-1 and only one other strain B. Lactis in it. It's high potency helps to digest dairy, break down food and calm digestive disturbances including constipation.
The shipping time took too long though, it finally arrived in the hot heat. There should be an option for a quicker ship method.
Biotic Duo capsules
has definitely helped in calming my digestive system as I had hoped
In only a few weeks, I've seen improvement with digestion.
Great Combo Product
Love this product for both probiotic and immune system support.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …