Chondro-Flx combines glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin sulfate, vitamin C and bromelain, all of which have a long history of use and a large body of research highlighting their role in supporting joint health. The formula also includes bromelain to enhance the absorption of chondroitin and vitamin C, an antioxidant that reduces free radicals and is a cofactor to enzymes critical for the synthesis of new collagen.
Cartilage is composed of collagen fibers that impart tensile strength, and proteoglycan molecules (especially chondroitin) that serve as a cushion for joint impact. Lifestyle factors and age can both contribute to a breakdown of healthy cartilage and lead to discomfort, which can lead to nutrient and fluid deprivation of the affected articular cartilage. While most other therapies simply block the pain of joint discomfort, the ingredients in Chondro-Flx address the root cause of joint discomfort and provide the precursors that enhance cartilage synthesis for healthy joints and connective tissue.
Benefits of Chondro-Flx may include:
Supports Joint Integrity and Movement
Helps Protect Cartilage Cells
Maintains Normal Inflammatory Balance
Enhances Synthesis of Proteoglycans for Healthy Connective Tissue
Serving Size: 1 cap Servings per container: 90
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid USP)
Sodium(as Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium)
Potassium(as Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium
Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium Chloride
Chloride Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium
Bromelain(2,400 GDU/g) (from Pineapple)
Other ingredients: Natural Gelatin Capsules and Magnesium Stearate
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish (Shrimp and Crab)
Does Not Contain: Gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
Directions: 1 capsule three times per day on an empty stomach or as recommended by your health care professional
Cautions: If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product.
Keep container tightly closed. Store at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children.
Glucosamine: Glucosamine sulfate is a naturally occurring, joint-supporting compound. As a precursor to the primary building blocks of joint tissue (glycolipids, glycoproteins, hyaluronate, and proteoglycans) it is an important starting point for cartilage synthesis. Meta-analyses have long confirmed positive trends for the use of glucosamine.
Chondroitin Sulfate: As the major glycosaminoglycan associated with articular cartilage, chondroitin sulfate (CS) is designed to draw water into the joint tissues and hydrate them, allowing for compression when pressure is put on the joint and to rehydrate when the pressure is released. The chondroitin sulfate in Chondro-Flx is enzymatically processed providing consistently small, highly absorbed chondroitin molecules ensuring the best results.
Bromelain: Bromelain is a protease derived from pineapple stems that helps to maintain a normal inflammation response by affecting both the kinin and fibrin pathways. Bromelain also increases the absorption of chondroitin sulfate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
1. Brandt KD. Effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on chondrocyte metabolism in vitro and in vivo. Am J Med 1987;83(5A):29-34.
2. McAlindon TE et al. Glucosamine and chondroitin for treatment of osteoarthritis: a systematic quality assessment and meta-analysis. JAMA 2000; 283(11):1469-75l.
3. Da Camara CC, Dowless GV. Glucosamine sulfate for osteoarthritis. Ann Pharmacother 1998; 32(5):580-7.
4. Barclay TS, Tsourounis C, McCart GM. Glucosamine. Ann Pharmacother 1998; 32(5):574-9.
5. Drovanti A, Bignamini AA, Rovati AL. Therapeutic activity of oral glucosamine sulfate in osteoarthritis: a placebocontrolled double-blind investigation. Clin Ther 1980; 3(4):260-72.
6. Efficacy and safety of glucosamine sulfate versus ibuprofen in patients with knee osteoarthritis. Arzneimittelforschung 1998;48(5):469-74.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …