NutriKey’s Key Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement to help support healthy digestion and absorption of nutrients. Enzymes help break down proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids in the digestive system. Each nutrient category requires its own specific enzyme to break down and properly digest so a broad-spectrum supplement is preferred for optimal healthy digestion. Key Digestive Enzymes also includes numerous complementary ingredients to further support healthy digestive function.
Research shows that the ingredients in Key Digestive Enzymes may:
Promote healthy digestive function
Promote effective absorption of nutrients
Promote healthy digestion of macromolecules
Protease and pepsin support the efficient digestion of proteins
Amylase promotes the breakdown of carbohydrates
Lipase supports the proper digestion of fats
Betaine HCl supports the digestion of proteins, enhances the function of digestive enzymes, and improves intestinal microbiota
Ox Bile promotes breakdown and intestinal absorption of healthy lipids
Taurine is a vital amino acid that promotes healthy energy metabolism
Gentian root, dandelion root, and fennel seed further support healthy digestion
All NutriKey brand supplements are Pharmaceutical Grade and produced in Certified GMP (cGMP) facilities. All NutriKey brand supplements meet or exceed cGMP standards and are third party tested by NSF.
Recommendations:Take two capsules with each meal or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Do not use if you have a prior history of or a current peptic or duodenal ulcer. If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Ianiro, G., Pecere, S., Giorgio, V., Gasbarrini, A., & Cammarota, G. (2016). Digestive enzyme supplementation in gastrointestinal diseases. Current Drug Metabolism, 17, 187-193.
2. Ramandeep, K., & Bhupinder Singh, S. (2012). Enzymes as drugs: An overview. Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, 3(2), 29-41.
3. Malterre, T. (2009). Digestive and nutritional considerations in celiac disease: Could supplementation help. Alternative Medicine Review, 14(3), 247-257.
4. Rachman, B. (1997). Unique features and applications of non-animal derived enzymes. Clinical Nutrition Insights, 5(10).
5. Wang, H., Li., S., Fang, S., Yang, X., & Feng, J. (2018). Betaine improves intestinal functions by enhancing digestive enzymes, ameliorating intestinal morphology, and enriching intestinal microbiota in high-salt stressed rats. Nutrients, 10, 907.
6. Sugimoto, K., Makihara, T., Saito, A., Ohishi, N., Nagase, T., & Takai, D. (2005). Betaine improved restriction digestion. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 337(4).
7. Li, T., & Chiang, Y. L. (2009). Regulation of bile acid and cholesterol metabolism by PPARs. PPAR Research, 2009, 1-15.
8. Maldonado-Valderrama, J., Wilde, P., Macierzanka, A., & Mackie, A. (2011). The role of bile salts in digestion. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 165(1), 36-46.
9. Wen, C., Li, F., Zhang, L., Duan, Y., Guo, Q., Wang, W., He, S., Li, J., & Yin, Y. (2018). Taurine is involved in energy metabolism in muscles, adipose tissue, and the liver. Molecular Nutrition, 63(2).
10. Prakash, O., Singh, S., Srivastava, S., & Ved, A. (2017). Gentiana lutea Linn. (Yellow Gentian): A comprehensive review. Journal of Ayurvedic and Herbal Medicine, 3(3), 175-181.
11. Valenzuela, M. E. M., Peralta, K. D., Martinez, L. J., & Maggi, R. C. (2018). Taraxacum genus: Potential antibacterial and antifungal activity. Herbal Medicine.
12. Khan, N. T. (2017). Antifungal potency of Foeniculum vulgare seed extract. Journal of Tissue Science & Engineering, 8(3).
Got the Key Digestive Enzymes yesterday and took two capsules at each of three meals. Got the most wicked case of trapped gas and nausea that I have had in a long time. I started the Magnesium Mix at the same time with two capsules for the day. Would bet the gas and nausea came from the Digestive Enzymes. Will stop for now and restart with just one or two capsules and work up gradually.
After nearly 20 years of “intestinal uncertainties “, I have found relief with this product. The improvement is amazing. Now I can go about my day without worrying if it’s safe to leave the house or if there will be another emergency bowel movement. I have seen doctors and gastrointestinal specialists and none mentioned that I may be missing an enzyme that could cause my distress. Many thanks to Leah for recommending this product.
I started using Key Digestive Enzymes about 10 days ago. I am amazed at how much better I feel. I used to have coughing fits after eating any good fats. Nikki told me that I probably wasn't digesting the fats and recommended I try Key Digestive Enzymes. I also have MUCH better bowel movements! Thank you Nikki and NWW!!!!
This product is very helpful for me. I have tried other enzymes and none have helped with my dairy intolerance as this one has.
Easy to swallow and excellent product.
It’s not helping my digestion process but si gave it a try at least.