L-Lysine is an essential amino acid the body uses as a building block for protein and producing enzymes, collagen, and healthy immune cells. Humans need to consume L-Lysine through food or supplementation to help support healthy immune system functioning, promote healthy connective tissues, and support optimal bone health.
Clinical evidence and research shows that the ingredients in L-Lysine may:
Promote healthy immune system function
Support healthy stress response
Promote healthy connective tissues
Support bone health
Promote intestinal absorption of calcium
Promote lean muscle mass
Serving Size: 1 cap Servings per Container: 90
L-Lysine (as l-lysine HCl)
* Daily Value (DV) not established.
Other Ingredients:Hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate, silica.
Directions: Take one capsule three times daily as a dietary supplement, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of reach of children.
How L-Lysine Works: Amino acids are critically important for various biochemical and physiological processes in the body. Clinical research has shown how L-Lysine supports cellular health in the immune system, bones, intestinal tract, and organs such as the kidney, spleen, and liver.
L-Lysine supports immune system function by promoting healthy stress response at a cellular level. It further promotes healthy levels of the amino acid arginine by reducing its availability for unhealthy DNA synthesis.
L-Lysine helps promote healthy cell turnover and production needed for forming collagen. Studies show it acts as a binding agent between skin and bones to support healthy connective tissues. It also helps promote intestinal absorption of calcium and supports the healthy transport of calcium throughout the body.
Additionally, L-Lysine helps convert fatty acids into energy where it is used to promote lean muscle mass through its ability to support healthy protein synthesis.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
1. Iseri VJ & Klasing KC. Integr Comp Biol. 2014;54(5):922–930.
2. Han H et al. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2451-2459.
3. Datta D, Bhinge A & Chandran V. Cytotechnology. 2001;36(1-3):3-32.
4. Civitelli R et al. Calcif Tissue Int. 1989; 45:193–197.
5. Scheer S & Zaph C. Front Immunol. 2017;8:429.
6. Sanchez MD, Ochoa AC & Foster TP. Antiviral Res. 2016;132:13-25.
7. Yamauchi M & Sricholpech M. Essays Biochem. 2012;52:113-133.
8. Shimomura A et al. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25(9):1954-1965.
9. Sinha S & Goel SC. Indian J Orthop. 2009;43(4):328-334.
10. Børsheim E et al. Clin Nutr. 2008;27(2):189-195. 11. Lin X et al. J Nutr. 2018;148(9):1426-1433.