Vitamin B12 works along with folate in many body processes, including increasing metabolic energy and red blood cell production, supporting mood regulation and cognitive function, up-regulating methylation, increasing DNA synthesis and repair, and supporting the formation of the protective myelin sheath, the insulating exterior that speeds up nerve cell transmission.
Most B12 supplements contain cyanocobalamin. In order for B12 to be utilized in the body, the liver must first remove the cyanide molecule and attach a methyl group to form methylcobalamin, the biologically active, tissue-ready form. Research has shown that methylcobalamin is more efficiently used and retained in the body than the cyanocobalamin form.
This formulation of Methyl B12 includes a concentrated and bioavailable source of two key B vitamins: B12 and folate. Each tablet provides 5,000 mcg of methylcobalamin and 1,700 mcg of folate as Quatrefolic® -100% 5-MTHF. This synergistic blend of methyl-donating B vitamins quickly boosts tissue and brain levels to support numerous systems in the body.
Includes High-Concentration, Fast-Absorbing Bioactive Methylcobalamin and Methylfolate (100% as 5-MTHF)
Boosts Energy Levels and Supports Red Blood Cell Production
Promotes Cardiovascular Health and Homocysteine Balance
Rejuvenates Nerve Cell Function and Boosts Cognitive Health
Supports a Positive Mood and Healthy Sleep Cycle Regulation
Other Ingredients: Isomalt, Natural Cane Sugar, Croscarmellose sodium, Potassium Bicarbonate, Natural Cherry Flavor (msg free), Sodium Stearyl Fumarate, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Silicon Dioxide, and Bilberry Fruit Extract
Formulated to be free of allergens derived from: Gluten, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
Serving Size: 1 tablet Servings per container: 60
Suggested Use: 1 tablet per day or as recommended by your health care professional
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product.
Keep container tightly closed. Store at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children.
Because of its role in the production of cellular energy, vitamin B12 deficiency is often characterized by fatigue and weakness. Supplementation with methylcobalamin and 5-MTHF has been shown to promote increased energy levels. Both 5-MTHF and methylcobalamin are required to maintain optimal homocysteine balance, which is crucial for supporting arterial and cardiovascular health. In addition, 5-MTHF and methylcobalamin support healthy arterial blood flow by increasing nitric oxide production. Both are also required nutrients for the biosynthesis of melatonin-the hormone that helps induce sleep. Several studies have demonstrated that supplementation with methylcobalamin modulates melatonin secretion and helps to normalize the sleep-wake cycle.
Vitamin B12 has been shown to be beneficial for maintaining a positive mental outlook because it acts as a methyl donor and increases the synthesis of SAM-e, a nutrient that has powerful mood and sleep-cycle regulating properties. Because of its ability to increase the production of neurotransmitters and nerve cell transmission, B12 has also been shown to improve cognitive function.
Vitamin B12 plays a large role as a cofactor in enzymes involved in the metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, and is required to produce succinyl CoA, an intermediary in the Kreb’s cycle that generates cellular energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Due to its role in the production of ATP, vitamin B12 deficiency is often characterized by fatigue and weakness. Supplementation with methylcobalamin and 5-MTHF has been shown to promote increased energy levels.
Mental and Cognitive Health
B12 has been shown to be beneficial for maintaining a positive mental outlook because it acts as a methyl donor and increases the synthesis of s-adenosylmethionine (SAM-e), a nutrient that has powerful mood and sleep-cycle regulating properties. Due to B12’s ability to increase the production of neurotransmitters and nerve cell transmission, B12 has been shown to improve cognitive function. 5-MTHF plays a significant role in mood regulation as it is required as a methyl group donor for the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin.
Sleep Cycle Regulation
Methylcobalamin and 5-MTHF are both required nutrients for the biosynthesis of melatonin, the hormone that helps induce sleep. Within the central nervous system, the neurotransmitter serotonin is converted into melatonin in a pathway that requires the donation of a methyl group. Several studies have demonstrated that supplementation with methylcobalamin modulates melatonin secretion and helps to normalize the sleep-wake cycle.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
1. Okuda K, Yashima K, Kitazaki T, Takara I. Intestinal absorption and concurrent chemical changes of methylcobalamin. J Lab Clin Med 1973;81: 557-567.
2. 5-methyltetrahydofolate. Altern Med Review 2006; 11(4).
3. Yaqub BA, Siddique A, Sulimani R. Effects of methylcobalamin diabetic neuropathy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 1992;94(2):105-111.
4. Doshi SN, McDowell IF, Moat SJ, et al. Folate improves endothelial function in coronary artery disease: an effect mediated by reduction of intracellular superoxide? Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2001;21:11-96-1202.
5. Tomoda A, Miike T, Matsukura M. Circadian rhythm abnormalities in adrenoleukodystrophy and methyl B12 treatment. Brain Dev 1995;17:428-431.
6. Yamada N. Treatment of recurrent hypersomnia with methylcobalamin (vitamin B12): a case report. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 1995;49:305-307.
7. Ohta T, Ando K, Iwata T, et al. Treatment of persistent sleep-wake schedule disorders in adolescents with methylcobalamin (vitamin B12). Sleep 1991;14:414-418.
8. Mayer G, Kroger M, Meier-Ewert K. Effects of vitamin B12 on performance and circadian rhythm in normal subjects. Neuropsychopharmacology 1996;15:456-464.
9. Hashimoto S, Kohsaka M, Morita N, et al. Vitamin B12 enhances the phase-response of circadian melatonin rhythm to a single bright light exposure in humans. Neurosci Lett 1996;220:129-132
I have used it for a f c years and am extremely satisfied with it!
hard to find quality products
Thank you for carrying this product. I originally had to go to my doctor to get it. It is so much easier to just go online and purchase it. It took a while to find your website but I am so glad that you are here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …