NuAdapt contains a nootropic and a blend of adaptogenic botanicals and nutrients specifically formulated to counteract the effects of daily stress, improve mental performance, and support healthy energy levels.
Strengthens the Body’s Stress Response and Improves Stress Resilience
Suggested Use: 2 capsules taken one or two times per day, or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
Stress is defined as any disturbance—extreme cold or heat, psychological stress, sleep deprivation, work overload, physical trauma, as well as toxic exposure—that can trigger the stress response. The body’s stress response system is comprised of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Prolonged stress triggers the HPA axis and consists of three stages: alarm, resistance and exhaustion.
The initial, short-lived phase is the body’s normal fight-or-flight response to danger, characterized by elevated cortisol levels. The subsequent resistance phase allows the body to continue buffering extended stress exposure, long after the initial fight-or-flight response has dissipated. Hormones released by the adrenals, such as cortisol and DHEA, help support the “resistance” reaction. Extended periods of stress not only burden the system, creating an imbalance in cortisol and DHEA production, but can result in mental and physical fatigue, nervous tension, irritability and poor memory—all of which are characteristic of stage 3. NuAdapt provides a unique blend of botanicals and nutrients that supports the stress response, improves cognition and in particular, promotes cortisol balance during the initial alarm phase.
L-theanine is an amino acid found abundantly in green tea. L-theanine has been shown to quickly improve stress perception and resilience. The stress-buffering mechanisms of L-theanine have been connected to the ability of L-theanine to increase serotonin and dopamine production in the brain. L-theanine has also been shown to significantly increase alpha brain wave activity, which is critical for increasing attention as well as promoting a sense of relaxation. L-theanine has also been shown to have a protective effect for nerve cells and reduces excitatory glutamate activity in the brain.
Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid that is found in high concentrations in the brain. In studies administering phosphatidylserine (50-800 mg) to subjects under stress (physical, emotional, mental, etc.), it has been found that phosphatidylserine reduces stress-induced excretion of cortisol. Administration of phosphatidylserine has also been studied in exercising subjects. It has been demonstrated that phosphatidylserine reduces the cortisol response to overtraining resulting in a reduction in perceived muscle soreness and improvement in athletic performance.
Bacopa monierri is an herb that provides nervous system support for individuals under stress. Bacognize® is known to improve memory, learning, attention, and focus. It is shown to have strong regulation of mood function at the serotonin receptor. Bacopa offers neuroprotection and antioxidant effects to reduce oxidative stress.
Ashwagandha Root Extract
Ashwagandha’s strong adaptogenic properties provide an array of benefits for individuals that have compromised health due to extreme stress exposure. Ashwagandha’s benefits include improving stress resilience, supporting immune response, regulating the sleep cycle, supporting healthy thyroid function and protecting against exhaustion of the nervous system. Ashwagandha has also been shown to be beneficial in supporting proper mood regulation and restoring a sense of calmness under stress.
Rhodiola rosea Root Extract
Rhodiola rosea has been categorized as an adaptogenic botanical due to its ability to increase resistance to a variety of stressors. Rhodiola has been studied extensively and is widely used in Eastern Europe and Asia to help support the nervous system, mood regulation, mental clarity, work performance and the sleep cycle. Within the central nervous system, Rhodiola has demonstrated an ability to preserve levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine. Rhodiola has been examined for its significant reduction of fatigue under stress. It has also shown significant improvements in mental performance, greater mood stability, and improved sleep patterns.
Eleuthero Root Extract
Eleutherococcus senticosus has also been identified as a strong adaptogenic botanical and is widely used in China to improve general health, support memory and endurance. In addition to its ability to improve stress resilience and fight fatigue, Eleuthero has exhibited immune supporting effects. Eleuthero has demonstrated a reduction of heart rate in response to a stressor and improvement of performance in runners (race time).
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
1. Yokogoshi H, Kobayashi M, Mochizuki M, Terashima T. Effect of theanine, r- glutamylethylamide, on brain monoamines and striatal dopamine release in conscious rats. Neurochem Res 1998; 23(5):667-73.
2. Nobre AC, Rao A, Owen GN. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect of mental state. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2008; 17 Suppl 1:167-8.
3. Kimura K, Ozeki M, et al. L-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Biol Psychol 2007; 74(1):39-45.
4. Monteleone P, Maj M, et al. Blunting by chronic phosphatidylserine administration of the stress-induced activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in healthy men. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1992; 42(4):385-388.
5. Benton D, Donohoe RT, et al. The influence of phosphatidylserine supplementation on mood and heart rate when faced with an acute stressor. Nutr Neurosci 2001; 4(3):169-178.
6. Monteleone P, Beinat L, et al. Effects of phosphatidylserine on the neuroendocrine response to physical stress in humans. Neuroendocrinology 1990; 52(3):243-248.
7. Hellhammer, J Fries E, et al. Effects of soy lecithin phosphatidic acid and phosphatidylserine complex (PAS) on the endocrine and psychological responses to mental stress. Stress 2004; 7(2):119-126.
8. Kingsley M. Effects of phosphatidylserine supplementation on exercising humans. Sports Med 2006; 36(8):657-669.
9. Kingsley M, Miller M, et al. Effects of phosphatidylserine on exercise capacity during cycling in active males. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2006; 38(1):64-71.
10. Jager R, Purpura M, Kingsley M. Phospholipids and sports performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2007; 4:5.
11. Kumar et al. Efficacy of standardized extract of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) on cognitive functions of medical students: A six-week, randomized placebo-controlled trial. Evidence-Based Comp Alter Med. 2016 Sep 15. Vol 2016.
12. Hall et al. Pharmacology of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) at 5HT1a and 5HT2a receptors. Am Soc Pharmacog Absts. 2005. 83-85.