SBI Protect is the only purified, dairy-free source of immunoglobulin G (IgG) available as a dietary supplement. Pure IgG helps to maintain a healthy intestinal immune system by binding a broad range of microbes and toxins within the gut lumen.
Provides Concentrated Immunoglobulins to Enhance Mucosal Immunity
Helps Maintain Microbial Balance
Supports GI Barrier Health and Integrity
Helps Maintain Normal Inflammatory Balance
The discovery that the gut barrier plays a key role in immune health fueled the search to strengthen it. In that search, researchers found that the binding capabilities of immunoglobulins have a positive effect on gut barrier function. Immunoglobulins bind microbes and toxins in the GI tract and eliminate them prior to immune system activation. As these unwanted triggers are removed, it resets healthy immune tolerance and builds a stronger barrier to the external environment.
Serving Size: 4 capsules Servings Per Container: 30
Ingredients: Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin Concentrate (ImmunoLin®) Immunoglobulin G (IgG)
Does Not Contain: Gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
Suggested Use:4 capsules per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
Cautions:If you are pregnant of nursing, consult your health care professional before taking this product
Autoimmunity is on the rise globally, and recent research demonstrates a connection between autoimmunity and intestinal permeability. The discovery that the gut barrier plays a key role in immune health fueled the search to strengthen it. In that search, researchers found that the binding capabilities of immunoglobulins have a positive effect on gut barrier function.1 Immunoglobulins bind microbes and toxins in the GI tract and eliminate them prior to immune system activation. As these unwanted triggers are removed, it resets healthy immune tolerance and builds a stronger barrier to the external environment.
SBI and GI Health
SBI has been shown to bind microbes and toxins, further enhancing microbiome balance and facilitating gut barrier strength. Broad-spectrum binding capabilities demonstrate the positive influence of nonallergenic forms of immunoglobulins. As seen in several studies, SBI has the potential to bind many types of microbes and toxins. This binding and elimination decreases microbe and toxin encounters by the immune system and resets immune tolerance.
SBI and Immune Health
In studies evaluating the effect of SBI on immune function, subjects showed positive outcomes in several areas, including inflammatory balance, gut barrier function and immune cell counts. In an open-label human clinical study, GI-challenged patients were given 2.5 mg SBI twice daily. They had increased CD4+ counts in the duodenum after eight weeks, indicating a regenerative effect on the tissue and immune function in the intestines.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Detzel CJ, Horgan A, Henderson AL, Petschow BW, Warner CD, Maas KJ, Weaver EM. Bovine Immunoglobulin/Protein Isolate Binds Pro-Inflammatory Bacterial Compounds and Prevents Immune Activation in an Intestinal Co-Culture Model. PLOS One 10(4) April 2015; DOI:10.1371/journal. pone.0120278
2. Jasion VS, Burnett BP. Survival and Digestibility of OrallyAdministered Immunoglobulin Preparations Containing IgG Through the Gastrointestinal Tract in Humans. Nutrition Journal 2015;14:22 DOI 10.1186/s12937-015- 0010-7.
3. Petschow BW, Burnett B, Shaw AL, Weaver EM, Klein GL. Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate: postulated mechanism of action for management of enteropathy, Clin Exp Gastroenterology. 2014;7:181- 190.
4. Perez-Bosque A, Miro L, Maijo M, Polo J, Campbell J, Russell L, et al. Dietary intervention with serum-derived bovine immunoglobulins protects barrier function in a mouse model of colitis. American journal of physiology Gastrointestinal and liver physiology. 2015;308(12):G1012-8.
5. Henderson AL, Brand MW, Darling RJ, Maas KJ, Detzel CJ, Hostetter J, et al. Attenuation of Colitis by Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin/Protein Isolate in a Defined Microbiota Mouse Model. Digestive diseases and sciences. 2015;60(11):3293-303.
6. Wilson D, Evans MD, Weaver E, Shaw AL, Klein GL. Evaluation of Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin Protein Isolate in Subjects with Diarrhea-Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Clinical Medicine Insights: Gastroenterology. 2013;6:49-60.
7. Asmuth DM, Ma ZM, Albanese A, Sandler NG, Devaraj S, Knight TH, et al. Oral Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin Improves Duodenal Immune Reconstitution and Absorption Function in Patients with HIV Enteropathy. Aids. 2013;27:2207-17